Monday, March 9, 2009

I'm Back!

Wohoo! I'm all better now. It's about time, too.

I was really pretty sick for about a week, but getting completely over it took forever. I was weak and got tired really easily and got winded. I did breathing treatments for 2 weeks and still felt like I could do them the 3rd week. It was a nasty bug!

I gave myself plenty of time to get over it though, nearly a month, and I'm ready to get back to working out. I've got to get back into a groove, find a workout that works for me timewise since I'm much more busy now that baseball is starting back up and we've got more 4-H hogs coming and it's time to walk the hogs daily. It's just my BUSY time of the year.

Another thing I've got to work out is my little guys and babysitters while I workout at the gym. Unless I just bag the gym and workout at home. I have a few people who will watch them, but it's not just a 30 min. time slot we're talking here. If I go to the gym while I'm in town, it's a 2-3 hour ordeal and #1- I'm just not willing to give up that much time just to workout in the gym and #2- I don't want to give up my time with my boys to workout. It's an inner struggle and I'll have to find the balance.

I love, love, love my time everyday with my 3 year old. It's just that lil' guy and me til' 2 pm every day and I love spending that time with him. He'll be going to Head Start next year and I won't have that anymore so I'm kinda being stingy with my time spent with him.

Also, having pneumonia and just slowing down to rest and not run, run, run has been NICE. I've loved it. My house is clean, my laundry is done and I'm HERE to take care of kid stuff at school. That's what I want to be. Their mom. Not a gym-runner mommy or gone all the time working.

Plus, I don't want anyone on my butt telling me what to eat or how to workout or any of that. I was starting to feel like my life wasn't mine anymore and I'm taking it back. It was my own fault for spreading myself too thin, thinking I could do it all, but I'm over it. I will find time to workout somehow and someway, but it may not be in the gym all the time anymore.

1 comment:

Christine on the Edge said...

Totally with you all the way! Home is great and being a mom is unique and you have a right to be stingy.